Employee Wellbeing and Mental Health
All employers are responsible for the health, safety and welfare of employees which includes their wellbeing and mental health. There is compelling evidence to say we need to act;
- 1 in 4 people experience mental health issues each year
- 1 in 6 working age adults have symptoms associated with mental ill health
- The total cost of poor mental health to UK employers in 2016/17 was £34.9 billion
- There were 526,000 cases of work-related stress, depression or anxiety in Britain in 2017
- In 2016/17 Stress was responsible for 40% of all cases of work-related ill health and for 49% of all working days lost due to health issues in GB
- 84% of line managers believe they are responsible for employee wellbeing, only 24% have been trained
- Between June 2019 and March 2020, 10% of adults were experiencing moderate to severe symptoms of depression. In June 2020, this had almost doubled to 19%.
But what if we turn that on its head?
When we focus on the wellbeing of all our employees, engagement levels increase as does productivity. In some studies, increases in wellbeing have been associated with increases in productivity of up to 12%. Aside from it being the right thing to do, there’s a significant correlation with increased performance – something every business wants.
At Kalida People, we are passionate about Employee Wellbeing and positive workplace mental health. It’s much more than having a couple of Mental Health First Aiders. It’s about creating a strategy for wellbeing and positive mental health that equally looks at culture, management practices, policies and processes, remote working, team effectiveness and much, much more.
We can help you to put together a plan to improve the wellbeing of your teams. What’s more it doesn’t have to cost the earth.